Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

'It's All About Me'

This being my very first post ever, I thought I'd start by telling you a little about myself and my family. I'll try not to jump around too much but my family life is pretty crazy right now.

I'm originally from Florida and currently live with my mother-in-law in Pennsylvania. Its a temporary, but good, situation. Unlike a lot of women, I love and respect my mother-in-law immensly. Which works well because my husband has a lot of her character traits:)

My husband is a college basketball coach and it makes for a very interesting and exciting life. Most aspects of his career are great and completely different to the business world that I'm use too. Outside of recruiting and being on the road half the year, his job relies on 18 to 22 year olds. That's probably, too me, the hardest part of his job. No, that's a lie, him being on the road half the year is the hardest part.:) When I get upset or down because he's gone, I try and remind myself that it could be harder, he could be in the military and overseas for unspecified amounts of time. (God bless our troops and their families!!)  But so far we manage pretty well, we love each other very much and try to keep the communication open as much as possible, which you can imagine can be pretty hard sometimes.

Coach (my husband) and I have been together for 6 or 7 years and of that time married for 3. Because of Coach's job, there is always a possibility of a new coaching position and relocation every year, so we've been holding off on buying our first home. That changed in Oct 2009, we decided that with the market being at a low and the fact that we had been with the same school for 6 years (we started dating my senior year of college, where he was starting his career in coaching while getting his masters in secondary education), that now was as good as time as any to buy. We joked that, with us buying the new home that we'd probably end up pregnant and moving after the season was over...fast forward six months...we're pregnant and moving to Massachusetts:) The hilarity of all of this is that I'm a self proclaimed planner, and our 'timeline' of getting pregnant wasn't suppose to be until July, not February. But when life throws you a curve ball, you go with it (I'm sure something like 'when life throws you a curve ball, you swing low' or 'you wait until the next pitch' would work better, but I'm a basketball coach's wife, not a baseball coach's wife)

That takes us back to why I'm living with my mother-in-law. Coach moved up to Massachusetts in June to get started with work and I moved in with my mother-in-law. For many reasons, it made sense for me to stay behind. Outside of the fact that nobody would want to hire a woman that was pregnant, I really love my current employer and OB, so I stayed behind. We found renters for our home, and we both moved in with family to save money.

So far everything is working out really well. I'm 34/35 weeks pregnant which translates to the turkey almost being done (40 weeks max on being pregnant), Coach is loving his job and the guys he's coaching and our dog, Daisy, loves getting daily belly rubs from grandma. (side note, Daisy is our first child - she's a three year boxer/english springer spaniel mix).

As I get more comfortable with the blog and posting, I plan on talking a lot about saving money, planning, my life as a new mom and as a coach's wife.

I hope you enjoy reading about my day to day life and at some point learn some interesting tid bits about the coaching world, saving money, and the craziness of balancing a new baby and major life changes:)

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment