Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

'Just a little more about me'

So a little bit more background on the wife of a coach...

I briefly told you about how I met my wonderful husband and came to live with his mother, but I never told you how I really came to meet my husband.

Sit tight because we're going to rewind back a few years, back to a time where it was just me, just me and my parents and my brother, but really just me:)

I was born in Reno, Nevada in June of '82, just over two years after my older brother Tim was born. My parents had been living out west since about '72 ( I could go a little further back on that one, but I'll save it for another post).

My father was graduating from the University of Nevada - Reno and took a job in Miami, Fl a year after I was born (the historical accuracy may not be entirely correct, as I'm actually not sure as to when my father graduated, I just know I was 1 when we moved). On a side note - Most Floridians well tell you, that you are NOT from Florida unless you were actually born in Florida. I consider myself a Floridian as, in fairness, I was 1 when we moved there and then did spend the rest of my childhood and young adulthood growing up there (most Floridians would concur with my sentiment). Anyways, we spent a few years in Miami before my parents moved us to Boca Raton, Fl - which for those of you who don't know - Boca Raton is spanish for 'Mouth of the Rat'. Another interesting tid bit for you is that Boca Raton is pronounced as if it has an 'e' at the end of 'Raton', so no, it's not 'Ra-Ton' but it's 'Ra-Tone' (if you are from the area or have ever lived there, you will know that it's annoying to hear people pronouce it incorrectly - and EVERYONE pronouces it incorrectly).

After spending a few more years in Boca, we moved again. This time to Orlando and for a much more permanent time period. I was in the second grade when we moved, and it wouldn't be until the summer going into my sophomore year of college that my parents would move again.

Outside of cheerleading, which I did for most of middle school and all of high school, I also played golf. I didn't pick up the sport until my sophomore year of high school, but I was naturally talented and my parents invested some serious mola into my skills over the next several years. Between the lessons and my progression in the sport, I was able to get a small golf scholarship to a Division I school up north, Mount St. Mary's College (now known as Mount St. Mary's University).

I won't go into depth about my college years but it wouldn't be until my final year at The Mount that I started dating Coach. It was a great year but tough as I was a senior and I was torn between partying up with my besties or getting to know the man that I would later call my husband. I must say, I think I handled balancing both responsibilities pretty well:)

No comments:

Post a Comment