Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

America: Our Country

So I am going to deviate a little today from my usual discussions. Today I just want to thank my country and family. I am watching a documentary on HBO on becoming a citizen. It's amazing how we take our everyday rights and freedoms for granted everyday. So many people flee their homelands to come to our country just for the slightest chance of independence and freedom.

It's hard to imagine that so many years ago members of our own families left their countries for a new start. Think of where you are today and how it could be so different if years ago your ancestors didn't take that scary and courageous leap. Some of them may not have had the choice, many were forced but I have no doubts their troubles should be and are your success and future.

Embrace what we are so lucky to have, our freedom. Embrace our new neighbors, try and help them. Try and remember that your family was once in their position.

God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment